language as a problem

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 14:42:17 PDT

I agree with you, Eric. Language is a significant problem in our attempting
to understand each other, even as it is our major tool. And language in this
medium is a greatly impovrished medium, inviting misunderstandings even
more than is usual in our face to face interactions. The only way to deal
with that situation is with humility, patience, and persistence. and even
then, one has to learn to accept small failures as great victories.
mike