Re: Xwar

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 14:56:28 PDT

--- "Paul H.Dillon" <illonph@pacbell.net> wrote:
> reports, etc.) . I don't think xmca is a good place for pursuing this
> discussion since, in my opinion, the expertise of the people isn't really in
> the areas that enable one to understand the situation better, except perhaps
> at the most speculative and abstract levels. I think it would be a better

That would make xmca the place to reproduce extant meritocracy -- and would
ignore its history of "half-baking" as multilogic action, mediated by activity
theory, to understand distributed human interaction. Here, the interaction
being of a terrorist nature. But then does this other list have experts in
activity theory?

Mike - are there archives of xwar available?

bb

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]