Re: Xwar

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 13:34:06 PDT

Hi Paul-- Thanks for the tip on discussion of world crisis discussion group.

It has been my experience that xmca works best when our discussions are
grounded in our areas of professional competence. But I have no desire to
force my preferences on the group, which, at times, appears to need to
deal with other topics -- as we have seen.

Who is the leader for part 1 of LSV? (I assume your advice on an alternative
list is fine by others, but if someone wants to start up an xwar list because
they DO want to discuss this issue with xmca-ers, let me know and I will do
my best to have it created).

mike
PS-- In the la times today (www.latimes.com) there is a lead story on the
terrible time Congress is having defining terrorism-- a la my earlier query
to you, Paul.