Re: Xwar

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 11:43:38 PDT

mike,

I have no desire to participate in any discussion of current events on xmca.
For those interested, there is an excellent political science/sociology list
(Progressive Sociology Network) whose memebers are activists and academics
in sociology and political science . They range from Howard Zinn to Bertell
Olman to Andre Gundar Frank and have been dealing with the issues of
globalization and the international development of capitalism for 30 or more
years. I've found that the contributors there are very informed about what's
going on and that they contribute very useful information (links to
reports, etc.) . I don't think xmca is a good place for pursuing this
discussion since, in my opinion, the expertise of the people isn't really in
the areas that enable one to understand the situation better, except perhaps
at the most speculative and abstract levels. I think it would be a better
use of everyone's time if the discussion of Vygotsky were started up. I'm
sorry if my response to Eric's comments about the irrelevance of Kissinger's
crimes against humanity set something off.

I personally would much rather hear here what people have to say about
Vygotsky.

Paul H Dillon

"Crisis" were pursued----- Original Message -----