[Fwd: 5D]

From: Honorine Nocon (hnocon@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 09:21:02 PDT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 5D
From: Honorine Nocon <hnocon@weber.ucsd.edu>
To: mcole@weber.ucsd.edu, eidyal@yahoo.com,
jhui@ucsd.ucsd.edu,
         tsimons@ucsd.ucsd.edu

Hi,
I'm not sure who is on consort, so I am sending this
directly. Also, I don't have Kathleen's e-mail.

Yesterday, I went to the club and talked with Amy
for more than an hour. We went over the design of
the
5d and the content of the orientations to take place
on Monday and Tuesday. I also spoke briefly with
Rosa, gave her logos from the lab, 5D, and UCSD,
courtesy of Noah, and asked her to have someone,
probably Eladio, talk to the undergrads about club
policies and then give a tour. I left around 3:30
and
Eidy was due to come to the club at 5:30. She and
Amy
were prepared to discuss a computer tutorial for the

kids to be given generally as a requirement for
participating in the 5D. Amy and I discussed having
this take place on Wed. & Thurs. of next week, and
the
following Monday and Tuesday. Then, it would be on
an
individual basis as new kids come in. For older
kids,
who think they are computer whizzes, we discussed
having them demonstrate their expertise by taking
the
quiz, or whatever, and then becoming computer
coaches
to help the younger and newer kids.

In the interest of time and thoroughness, here is
a schedule of events, and a list of action items
that
Amy and I think will work:

Friday: Eidy, if available, will take the game and
kid
folder crates back to the club and stay to help Amy
remove multiple copies of games on the hard drives.
Vianka was at the club for two evenings trying to
get
things set up, but they needed the CD's to do many
of
the removals.

If Eidy can't go, Tiffany, can you take the crates
up
to the club and leave them with Amy?

Tiffany and Kathleen, because Amy needs the game
crates, can you photocopy taskcards for your
revisions
and return the originals to Amy?

Monday: Jenny will arrive at the club at 2:00 to
help
Amy set up. This may include removing games from
hard
drives. I will arrive right at 3:30 (due to a HUD
meeting at 2:30--with HDP191 students) and be
present
for the orientation. Eidy, whenever you can get
there
will be great.

Tuesday: Jenny and Eidy are not available and I
will
be rushing to get to the club, but will be there for

the orientation.

Wednesday-Thursday: 5D opens with computer
tutorial.

Issues/Action Items:
Amy's time: Amy is being asked by the club to have
the
computer room open from 2:00 to 6:30. She runs it
herself and has no time for prep. She has discussed
this with Rosa, but it is not clear what will be the
solution.

Wiz mail: Given Amy's time issue, it would be good
have someone else work on Wiz mail. I suggest Eidy.
Amy
will relay info. from events that should be
mentioned
that happen on Tues. & Thurs.

Tues./Thurs. coverage: Jenny and Eidy are both
available only on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
We
need to get coverage on Tues./Thurs. Maybe Linda?

All for now. I will be in by 11.
Honorine