web archive call

From: John St. Julien (stjulien@UDel.Edu)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 05:37:33 PDT

This call for help in compiling a archive of web sites relative to
the 9/11 tragedy came to me off a technology oriented list--I thought
it might be appropriately circulated here.
(I've included the forwarding context--it helps make the point that
the historical material on the web is often evanescent and in need of
preservation.)

FYI

This looks like an excellent archive project. Contact the web archive at U Penn
with your findings.

Interestingly, I went to two Taliban web sites on Wednesday. One is a
front from
an Indian ISP. The other had plenty of propaganda and was hacked on Tuesday.
Both are gone today. Send your links to U Penn so that the sites can be
downloaded and achived before they disappear.

Betty