Re(2): New York City

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 13:27:52 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Some of us see this as a wake up call to start connecting the dots of
>all of these instances of carnage and inhumanity. To think about the
>actions that address the current situation and are aligned with larger,
>wider spread solutions.

as ana said, some of us seek a cool heart with which to seek
understanding, to think more responsibly about
all that has happened...

>Just my thoughts and feelings. I feel sure, Rachel, that no one on this
>list feels anything but deep sadness at what has happened and feels a
>desire for a justice as deep and passionately felt and experienced as
>this pain is now.

i know we all express our griefs and sorrows differently, - while i
struggle with weariness, fatigue, sleep problems, anxiousness and worries,
i also seek - desperately, perhaps, given the quantity of my postings in
the past few days - some sort of understanding...or at least some tools to
help me ...

i can't say what the list membership feels, but i believe the shock forces
us all to reckon with
the different ways we are all feeling.

peace,
thanks thanks k,
diane

"Waves of hands, hesitations at street corners, someone dropping a
cigarette in a gutter - all are stories. But which is the true story? That
I do not know. Hence I keep my phrases hung like clothes in a cupboard,
waiting for someone to wear them. Thus waiting, thus speculating, making
this note and then another, I do not cling to life."
Virginia Woolf, The Waves, 1931.

     (...life clings to me...)
diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, montreal, qc, H9R 3Z2