Re: tragedy in New York

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 12:55:21 PDT

mike,

My first message was a comment on today's events. The grotesque sublimity
of these acts, the entirety of their symbolic and blood content cannot fail
to generate a cultural-historical process of immense, and as Jay says,
"dangerous" proportions. I now feel forced to ask people to ask with me the
question, "Why would, whoever did this, do this?" It is clear that most
Americans have never understood that we have been at war for a long time
even as we watched our planes, and our "smart bombs", take out target after
target throughout the world.

Of course this is a tragedy of unspeakable proportions on innumerable
levels.

Paul