Words as commodity (was Folie by Phil)

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 18:46:05 PDT

In a message dated 9/6/2001 8:57:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au writes:

> By the way, I think the terminology of "client" is very unhelpful and quite
> likely damaging. But that is another long argument for another day. Words
> matter.

For those who receive monetary rewards based on word output, of course they
matter. For those of us who need to relay concrete messages to individuals
who have few contacts with the commonly understood concept of reality it is
more important that we are understood by them then be viewed as 'politically
correct' by those who drive the "word marketplace".

eric