Re: Laszlo's comments on crises

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 19:31:48 PDT

In a message dated 8/22/2001 4:58:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

> I will be interested to see how those members of xmca who know nothing of
> the events Laszlo recounts react to his article...... and later, when
> that discussion has run its course, how we all relate it to Vygotsky
> s (presumably conscious) thoughts on the subject.

I presume this current crisis to be an extension of researchers refusing to
see the forest for the trees. Science has always been proposed as the
outcome for the field of psychology. Unfortunately because of what Laszlo
terms the magicians or artist movement in psychology it is not any closer to
being a unified science then when LSV wrote his original article concerning a
crisis in psychology.

I do beleive that the writing of LSV is the best step towrds unifying
Psychology as a natural science and that people who are currently immersed in
CHAT studies ask themselves if they are pursuing an avenue of study that
furthers the systemic hierarchy of CHAT politics or whether it can answer to
the practice of practical application.

ERic