Re: rough housing or weighty theorizing?

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 08:51:28 PDT

No Eva, I am not suggesting that we should not address the gender pattern.
My own intuition is that informal, half-baked discussion style, which is
generally my own, is conducive to at least some of the women on the list.
For some topics, on some occasions.

And for some topics, on some occasions, women on the list are sufficiently
confrontational to drive people off the list. The variety, the "it all
depends" nature of the phenomenon is tough to corral. And I am not in the
best of positions to do so.
mike