RE: Eating in restaurants

From: Cunningham, Donald (cunningh@indiana.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 06:43:30 PDT

I was thinking more specifically about the activities of the
waitress/waiter, cooks, bus people. WHY do waiters and waitresses carry our
orders to a cook, bring us our food, take our money, clean up after us. It
provides work and an income, of course, and allows customers the experience
of being "waited on", but as a means of consuming food, whether alone or
with others, its a damn silly way to do it.

Kind of like modern classrooms. If I were TRYING to design an inefficient
and ineffective means of schooling children, I don't think I could do better
than what we have today......djc