Interesting

From: Dr. Bill Blanton (blantonW@miami.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 09:40:55 PDT

Mike

Your last post about how some members of the xmca community
received/perceived Arne Raiethel's contributions was very surprising. As I
read his postings and responses to him, my interpretations was always
positive. His contributions were always focused and informative. I think
he was able to provide the discussion with a history and point of view that
is very much missed. In off-line interactions with me, he never failed to
take a great deal of time to develop very useful and instructive texts. I
don[t like lectures. Perhaps I don't view "telling" aimed at helping me to
understand as lecturing.

It might be useful to program a monthly mailing into the xmca mail program
that reminds members of the community to reflect on the objects they apply
xmca activity to and for what outcomes :-) Contributions and interactions
like those of Arne should be encourged and valued. It is easy to lose one's
way in the middle of activity.

Cordially

Bill Blanton