Re(2): abstract cages

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 21:41:24 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>How tragic Helena!
>
>XMCA was once the place to submit half-baked ideas. At least, that was
>the
>norm when I joined. Now it takes preparation with a rehearsal before
>posting
>to xmca?

bill, you fascinate me with your chameleon-esque perspectives.
any community changes with participation, that is the nature of the
community dynamic.
surely you noticed over the past year or so the lecture-esque scripts that
have
over-run this list.
surely you've noticed the estrangement of more "common" members due to this
lecture tonality that has replaced the inquisitive quality of the former
community.
tsk. you'd have us all believe, what, you've experienced a life change?
do tell!
oh, you're such a dear.

>Is this the post-modern form of capitalistic increasing
specialization
>, meaning
>that it takes rehearsal to get an xmca posting "right"? Or is this
>something
>more?

well. as i say. dude. the list CHANGED. the former happy-go-lucky
exploration of ideas was over-trampled with dogma. where ya been?

>Icck! Eeeek! SHAME on us all! Are we helping to pave a path, on which
>to walk
>we must first practice our steps? At the root, is this the fear of the
>ch-sig
>have been formed?

oh! ha ha! i get it. this is irony!! tsk! shame on ME !!

>WHO, in their heart of hearts, can allow such a thing to happen?
>
>Mea Culpa! I don't know what is the solution, but obviously I think
>rehearsing
>is not it.

ok. i'm a clueless dupe. to-shay, she wrote, unable to produce the
appropriate emphasis on "touche" in order to convey the sentiment - oiy.
you know what i think? email has produced the ART of rehearsing.
transformations,. dude.
life's rife with them.
gotta lvove it. thanks for the response. sorry for being so slow.

diane

>Bill Barowy

"I want you to put the crayon back in my brain."
Homer Simpson

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, montreal, qc, H9R 3Z2