Re: abstract cages

From: Helena Worthen (hworthen@igc.org)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 09:06:54 PDT

Dear people -- there is probably some impact on xmca of the development of the
two other discussion lists that involve xmca people, multilogues and
pre-intellectus. These have appeared in the last year. Multilogues has engaged
women and has created a supportive, intimate arena; pre-intellectus is men and
women and has followed its own drift. But these two backchannels have
undoubtedly had an impact on xmca participation, if only because of the total
amount of time that anyone has to sit at the computer in a given day. In
addition, there is a certain amount of rehearsing for xmca that goes on in
these backchannels.

Helena Worthen