theory-based evaluations

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 13:59:51 PDT

Dear Colleagues,

        I have been reading the literature on community-based intervention
programs where true and even quasi-experimental evaluation designs are
impractical to implement (e.g, the kinds of environments I work in!). I
have come across a couple of papers on what is called "theory-based
design" and am trotting off the to library to try to get my hands on a few
of the very few papers I have located on this topic.

      Does anyone out there in xmca-land have experience with this mode
of research and/or pointers to examples?

      Mike