Re: xmca glossary

From: Eva Ekeblad (eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2001 - 09:13:48 PDT

Mike,

I didn't read Laszlo as suggesting that we produce a glossary, but as
suggesting a practice of interfoliating messages written in Internet
English with the appropriate term(s) in other relevant languages we have
access to, within brackets, whenever participants suspect that there may be
important differences between languages in nuance and articulation. This
may have been a misreading on my part, but then it gives us two ideas for
the price of one ;-)

An xmca glossary would naturally be a neat and useful thing, if you get
volunteers. The advantage with a recommended practice is that it could be
followed on an individual basis, but, nevertheless, become an integrated
part of xmca culture.

regards
Eva

At 08.34 -0700 01-08-15, Mike Cole scrobe: