Remembering, wondering, thinking, forgetting, knowing, feeling

From: Phil Graham (phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Aug 07 2001 - 07:21:02 PDT

At 07:01 AM 7/08/2001 -0600, DCH wrote:
>as for the words, i can't get past the grammar - memory is a noun,
>remember is the verb. what would helpfully move beyond that grammatical
>function?

I don't know that it is a grammatical _fiction_, DCH, nor even merely a
grammatical function:

For instance, I clearly remember wondering if I had forgetten something.
And that was just this morning.

I also remember, a long time ago, when I used to drink lots of booze, that
I forgot lots of stuff that I know I'll never remember. But I clearly
remember *never* being able to remember all that stuff (*time*). And I also
know that I'll never know what it was that I forgot.

And that was, and is, a really scary feeling whenever I remember it.

In the end, it was one of the main things that stopped me drinking the
damned poison.

Jet lag does the same to me, though not as badly.

Iteratively yours,
Phil (who did drink, and then didn't, yet still remains a drunk)
(Post parenthetically thinking that the 15 mill ought to be a relatively
easy schnavvle, since the contorted and contradictory "curriculum" *is* the
current ideology, and the current ideology is geared towards the
commodification of total lived experience).