Re: monolithic educational policy

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 06 2001 - 20:14:27 PDT

In a message dated 8/5/2001 1:00:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
eva.ekeblad@goteborg.utfors.se writes:

> If you try to teach your grandmother to suck eggs, won't she at
> least shake her cane at you?

Your absolutely right Eva. However, if those eggs are the best eggs ever to
be sucked I will take the cane to the back of head if need be. All of my
ranting and raving can be summed up in one concise sentence:

The modern educational system is far too concerned with teaching abstract
learning and so unfamiliar with concrete learning (learning, not teaching)
that we now are dealing with such a monolithic system that in order to
accomplish my goal I must offend and I am sure disgust some individuals with
my tenacious attitude and sometimes unrelenting postions. thank you for
questioning my postings it has helped me to formulate my thoughts more
concretely.

Still more to think about,
Eric