Re: highway 61, history, present, photos

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2001 - 10:15:30 PDT

Ah, but surely Dylon's song has far less consequence than what's happened for
the last 40 years in Centralia. To revive Eric's question about learning in
contexts that are alternative to schooling -- one could ask what we have
learned in Pennsylvania?

bb

--- "Paul H.Dillon" <illonph@pacbell.net> wrote:
> bill,
>
> you can't travel east on the hiway 61 in Eric's reference if taken in the
> context of dylan's 1966 album. It runs north south from Tennessee through
> Mississippi into Louisiana..
>
> Paul H. Dillon

=====
"One of life's quiet excitements is to stand somewhat apart from yourself and watch yourself softly become the author of something beautiful."
[Norman Maclean in "A river runs through it."]