Re(2): levels/rules/behavior

From: Ana Marjanovic Shane (anashane@speakeasy.net)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 14:37:02 PDT

Dianne,

Last winter in a conference on play, there was an paper presented on dog
play. The woman who oserved dogs in an urban park showed us a little bow
that dogs do to each other to signal the play frame - as opposed to the
"serious" behavior. If another dog does not see the bow - it may be
dangerous to jump on her/him - for thay may take it as an attack.
Bateso wrote about this framing singla which innitializes play - where the
behaviors are not interpreted the same as if they were for real.
So this is one of the "rules": you cannot play unless the other one knows
you are just playing.

Is it just an antropomorphism?

Ana