technical question

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 09:49:04 PDT

Nate or someone else--

Actually two questions spurred by my going to xmca to get the Thibault paper
for discussion.

1) Somehow I cannot open the pdf file directly on the screen. I have to save
it and use Adobe 4.0 from my desktop. This is true even for netscape 6.0
browser. It seems that an updated Adobe utility needs to be there. Any way
around that problem?

2) In starting a discussion of Thibault I wanted simply to copy the first
two paragraphs which provide an excellent summary of the paper, but I could
not copy from the pdf file and could not save in an interpretable way.

Presumably discussion using the papers made available by Erlbaum for MCA
would be helped if everyone could easily perform these two functions that
I am unable to.

Advise warmly encouraged!
mike