RE: SIG e-library

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 07:58:23 PDT

Hi everybody--

I managed the system to avoid requiring you to enter the username and
password to use the sig elibrary. You can see the articles, read them,
download the, upload new articles into the elibrary without the system
asking you for the password. However, it is still covered by the password
(it is just invisible for a user).

The password may effect you when you try to make hyperlink to a paper in the
sig e-library. To avoid the situation that the system asks you for the
password in this case, you can embed the password into the hyperlink (as I
did) like imaging that there is a paper in the library filed as Plato.pdf In
this case, the full hyperlink address with embedded password will be
bakhtin@ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/Papers/Plato.pdf">http://vygotsky:bakhtin@ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG/Papers/Plato.pdf (you
can try it and see that the system won't ask you for the password). Please
notice that I embedded the logon info in the hyperlink by adding
"vygotsky:bakhtin who-is-at " You should add this string into your hyperlinks to the
sig e-library articles.

Let me know if you have questions about using the elibrary.

Take care,

Eugene
PS The Plato.pdf file has fragments from Plato's "Republic" (1993) where he
describes educational principles of training the elite rulers of the ideal
society.