RE: dewey sig

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 15:12:39 PDT

Eugene et al--

Prawat, Richard S.
     Social constructivism and the process-content distinction as viewed by
     Vygotsky and the pragmatists. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Inc, US.
   Mind, Culture, & Activity, 1999, v6 (n4):255-273.

Plus his article in Review of Ed Research imagining that vygotsky and dewey
met plus glassman article featured on aera web page.

Rogoff writes about Dewey all over the placeArticle with Altman, for example.
So does Ann Brown.

Adding Pierce into the mix can only make it more interesting.

If this topic needs justifcation and isn't clear, I suggest that we simply
drop it. I thought it obvious, which may only indicate that I am
out of touch.
mike