Re: values, development...clarification re: lee's article

From: Judith Diamondstone (diamonju@rci.rutgers.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 11:06:23 PDT

I want to clarify what I meant by referring to "the cognitive" in my last
email. I find the term "critical abstractions" to be highly useful in
discussions of content in education. Perhaps I should have said "content"
instead of 'cognitive'! It's the critical abstractions of literary
practices that Hillocks really pushes, as I infer from what I've heard,
anyway, and I think it shows in the work of everyone I know who studied
with him. Hillocks students' comments invited...
Judy

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
....Governor George W. Bush, Jr., 11/30/96