values, development, and learning objectives

From: Charles Nelson (c.nelson@mail.utexas.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 19:23:49 PDT

There may be a need to, as Eugene said,"develop a better concept of
development than a traditional idea of individual passing some
benchmarks on a schedule as a train passing stations," and there may
be a need to negotiate values and learning objectives, but once done,
how else would a classroom or school value development, if not
according to its learning objectives?

Charles Nelson