Re(2): apropos of nothing [and everything]

From: Diane Hodges (dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 09:42:01 PDT

xmca@weber.ucsd.edu writes:
>Diane, why don't you give us some instructions for ordering your
>dissertation?
>
>Susan Knutson

hi Susan,
damned gracious of you to ask really. thanks.
i've checked with the library and assistance is not forthcoming,
confirming my distress, really, that the dissertation is a hoop more than
a manuscript. alas.
of course, my particular investment was in writing around the hoop and
illuminating its limitations.
anyhow, if anyone is interested in skimming the text, i don't have a
website; however i'm more than happy to attach copies to those who ask, as
always.
i think it's worth it just for the strange conversation with Virginia
Woolf, gertrude stein, and Mary shelley, personally. but i'm hardly
objective. haha.
thanks,
diane

>on 6/18/01 2:28 AM, Diane Hodges at dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu wrote:
>
>> - as the "subject" heading indicates, this is apropos of nothing really
>-
>> but my dissertation is finally in the University of British Columbia
>> library,
>> and if anyone wants "order" it that would be cool, of course, - i have
>no
>> academic career to look
>> forward to, so this is is genuine text request. >
>> it's called "the falling scholar: essays in the outside" and it
>describes
>> my revelations between biography and theory, it's philosophy, education,
>> theatre, and so on. a lot of intellectual rebellion.
>>
>> anyhooooooo,
>> i thought i'd mention, to them what's is curious and can git it for
>free,
>> it's a fun, strange, read. very literature and philosophy and biography.
>> not "science" - just an effort at the intellect of art.
>>
>> so okay my humility alarm is shrieking -
>> !
>>
>> cheers,
>> diane
>>

>> "Life could be a dream, sh-boom, if i could take you up to paradise
>above,
>> sh-boom and tell you that you are the only one that i love,
>> life could be a dream sweetheart,
>> sh-lang-a-lang-a-lang-a-lang,
>> life could be a dream, sweetheart..."
>>

>--
>Susan Knutson, Professor
>Département des études anglaises
>Université Sainte-Anne
>Church Point, NS B0W 1M0
>(902) 769-2114 ext 151

diane celia hodges
university of british columbia, centre for the study of curriculum and
instruction
vancouver, bc
mailing address: 46 broadview avenue, montreal, qc, H9R 3Z2