apple 2e

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 08:32:21 PDT

Kathy-- We still have an apple 2e in the lab from "the old days."There is
a fascinating dissertation to be had in comparing the educational value
of the games it could run versus their modern gigabyte progeny. The old
folks had a lot going for them that is either gone or buried so deep in
their glitzed up progeny you can't hardly find what might be educational
about the current versions.

For those interested in what glasnost and perestroika looked like on a
2e, check out a memoirish account of the joint project using the internet
with folks in Moscow that is on the lchc web page. The site of a single
line of access from Moscow to the West that was monitored 24 hours a day
by a series of bored VNIIPAS employees is a reminder of how far we have
come..... maybe great than the distance from MGU to CUNY, Anna.
mike