Re: 1987

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 14:07:33 PDT

Mike,

Thank you for the reminder that through time comes experiences that shape who
we become. I was in what I thought was my Junior year of college, but what
eventually became the most eye-opening experience of my life. Having coasted
through High School I thought college would bring the same. Freshmen and
sophomore years in college brought much of the same coasting. Junior year I
was overcome with workloads and responsibilities and assignments that my lazy
attitude couldn't respond to. I dropped out and became a stocker in a
warehouse. When I bring reality into this discussion it is not because I
want to be a jerk or bring personal attack onto anyone, it is becasue I want
to constantly remind Professors and people in charge of college classrooms
that theoretical discussions and grandiose ideals are not the reality for
most of their students. Getting a couple F's are not a bad thing, people do
learn from the reality of an F.

Still keeping it real,
Eric