which cultural psychology

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:31:03 PDT

Diane-- I have checked our library data base for books on cultural
psychology. The only two I knew of were by J.R. Kantor and by Siegler et
al., each with different subtitles. Subsequently there have been others.

I am naturally interested in collecting research in this area, and would
appreciate a ref.

As to repeated titles. My book was supposed to be called "Culture in mind"
but Brad Shore published a book by that title a few months before m book
was to come out so I was forced, on the phone, in 5 minutes, to come up
with another title and reached back to an article with the same time,
but with a question mark at the end, which satisfied the HUP marketing
people.

There are lots of books with identifical titles floating around, sometimes
differentiated by subtitles.

Re research, Your point about the necessity of LONGITUDINAL research I
believe to be right on, in principle. But all that does is make the issues
of how to do good research more difficult.
mike