Re: 1987

From: Wolff-Michael Roth (mroth@uvic.ca)
Date: Mon Jun 04 2001 - 08:24:55 PDT

At 8:25 AM -0600 6/4/01, Diane Hodges wrote:
>- i was a tight-skirted high-heeled broker of the strategic kind,
>ba-da-boom-bad-da-bing,

I was on the other side of the track, trying to live off $4,500 in
southern Mississippi, sometimes living on wilderness camp grounds
because I didn't have enough money for a place, no apartments or
houses to sit, going once a day to Bonanza's eating as much as I
could from the $3-salad bar, sometimes living with people who, with
their medicare card had to go 90 miles to find a doctor actually
accepting it, among people whose 2-room houses had big holes in the
wall and a washer/dryer on the porch because there was no room inside
and who sat in their cars on Sundays to enjoy music and air
conditioning--- doing a neo-Piagetian study of learning to reason
with ratio and proportion for my Ph.D.

Michael

--

Wolff-Michael Roth

Lansdowne Professor Applied Cognitive Science MacLaurin Building A548 Tel: (250) 721-7885 University of Victoria FAX: (250) 472-4616 Victoria, BC, V8W 3N4 Email: mroth@uvic.ca URL: http://www.educ.uvic.ca/faculty/mroth/