Re: Vygotsky's Crisis in Psychology

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 20:02:27 PDT

Phil,

A good day to you. It is not surprising you bring up that people are born
into communities, because this morning as I was mowing greens at my
golfcourse job (one I take on to supplant a 10 month salary) I was
recollecting what I had posted this past evening and I knew someone would
question my statement of not everyone born to live communally. I clearly
would like to distinguish community from society. People are born into
societies and communities are the theoretical constructs that people place
upon society's realities. Case in point would be the Anabaptist, Amish or
(insert favorite closed community) as an example of how people construct
theoretical communities that require people to act as a 'cog' of the
community. Not much different then the dialectic materialism Marx uses to
explain productivity in his theoretical constructed community. People leave
closed communities because they are not predisposed to live that way. Always
nice to see a post from the Australian Marxist, Harpo that is.

:) Eric