RE: Vygotsky's Crisis in Psychology

From: Polin, Linda (Linda.Polin@pepperdine.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 08:42:52 PDT

I'm going to stick a toe in the calm waters. I've lurked through most of
this discussion. I'm thinking that maybe you're missing an implicit valance
in Eric's note. I took "not all people were born to be members of a communal
society," as implying that not all communities are well-functioning,
successful group entities, and sometimes you get stuck in one of those. For
instance, one might argue that teachers have a dysfunctional professional
community, have for years, and seem unable to manage a lot of LBE in their
k-12 teaching profession, despite the many disturbances in the system.

Whacha think?

Linda P.