Re: universal truths

From: DGeorgiou@aol.com
Date: Sun May 13 2001 - 12:06:11 PDT

In a message dated 5/11/2001 7:56:03 PM Central Daylight Time,
mcole@weber.ucsd.edu writes:

<< The idea of unchanging societies with no future and not past does not apply
 to homo sapiens and is suspect for other species.

I fully agree with you, Mike, that we all change. What I'm not sure of is
whether "change" implies necessarily "time" as we, Westerners, conceptualize.
Does that make anu sense? If time does not have the same meaning for all
cultures, can we still call it a universal truth?