Re: reflection (on ending duels - still belabouring)

From: Vera John-Steiner (vygotsky@unm.edu)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 10:56:15 PDT

I was reading Judy's message this morning in which she mentions the
"pounding" of ideas. Interestingly,
we found the metaphor of pounding in our recent analyses of 200 metaphors of
collaboration; it was used only by males. There were many shared metaphors
(by men and women) about jointly shaping ideas,
Vera