earlier eric query

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 11:26:04 PDT

Eric-- I am still struggling with only modest success to recover from being
away during a busy mca discussion. In the middle of "cleaning up" I
got a core dump which undid all my work, so I am a little lost in my
out of sequenceness.

But I recall your note responding to my comment at SRCD about so much
work on infancy being tied to neurosciences. As I recall, you were inquiring
about medicalization of behavior more generally. That is too big a topic
to take up right now with the reading of LBE the focus of attention, but
definitely worth discussion on the list at a later time. It is an area
where theory and practice clearly mix with very different strategies of
working with kids, But I seemed to have caused enough trouble in my
brining up the control "over" nature issue and distracted from the LBE
discussion, so I beg off for now in taking up the important issue you raise.
mike