reference request

From: Katherine Goff (Katherine_Goff@ceo.cudenver.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 09:35:46 PDT

a collegue of mine asked me to forward this request to xmca---

. . . could ask the xmca group for suggested readings on my dissertation
topic. We thought that someone would be sure to bring up something
interesting. I am looking for references to flesh out my literature
review since I haven't found much that directly relates. Anything that
looks at the relationship between what is spoken and what is written,
especially in a work setting, would be helpful.

(the work setting is social services, court-ordered therapy, as far as i
understand it.
how the documentation (tool) mediates, represents, reifies, the client, i
think)

thanx,
kathie

Words are the thunders of the mind.
Words are the refinement of the flesh.
Words are the responses to the thousand curvaceous moments---
     we just manage it---
     sweet and electric, words flow from the brain
     and out the gate of the mouth.

We make books of them, out of hesitations and grammar.
We are slow, and choosy.
This is the world.
                                            Mary Oliver - The Leaf and the
Cloud