Re: dominance "over" nature

From: Katherine Brown (kathyebrown@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 09:28:11 PDT

The past couple of days of exchange between Phil and Paul reminds me of slam
dancing in clubs when I used to go dancing all the time in the 1980's .
Somewhere in the course of the evening, big menacing guys would take over the
dance floor and start throwing elbows and tromping around in boots to the "Heavy
Heavy Beat of Madness---"One Step Beyond....Anyway, some people enjoyed it,
doing or watching, but mainly it had the effect of clearing the floor. Some
women would participate, but not many stayed before they got bruised, stepped on
and pitched out of the
center. Anyway, it did two things--discouraged others from dancing as they had
done before and made people wish they would take it outside or go somewhere
where this kind of thing was enjoyed by all...
p.s. I'm ready to ska-daddle (pardon the pun).
Katherine Brown