Re: dominance "over" nature

From: Phil Graham (phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 17:09:28 PDT

At 04:22 PM 4/25/01 -0700, PD wrote:
>The bottom line is: you sure produce a lot of smoke, but very little
>light. But I
>guess you must sense that yourself since you seem to feel compelled to be
>insulting at the same time which only communicates a very strong feeling of
>insecurity to me..

That's very funny --- really really funny.

Thanks.

Perhaps you can put my inappropriate tone and bad manners down to the
Australian culture and its perverse sense of humour --- here, you only know
you're loved when someone insults you. :-)))

We're mostly convict stock, you know.

And yes, I do smoke a lot. Winfield Reds (tm) to be precise.

>On the other hand, I don't know why you continue to spend
>your time copying passages out of Marx and Engels and posting them to the
>list--I don't find them relevant to the points I've been making (let alone
>being refutations) and they certainnly must take you a lot of time--not to
>mention the possible cardiac damage you might be causing yourself--

I have a big heart. Worry not, dear Paul. Many thanks for your concern.

I'm sure that if you actually read the quotes, you would see that they
*are* refutations of your original (and subsequent) point(s), the essence
of which is contained in the title of this thread. If you don't wish to
read them, that's fine. Perhaps others will see their relevance.

Sorry if I have lowered the tone of discussion here, Mike.

And, Paul, sorry if I have inadvertently hurt your feelings. Like I said,
it might be a cross-cultural thing.

Regards,
Phil