Re: dominance "over" nature

From: Phil Graham (phil.graham@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 23:21:20 PDT

At 09:30 PM 4/24/01 -0700, PD wrote:
>"Thus Nature becomes one of the organs of his activity, one that he
>annexes to his own bodily organs, adding stature to himself in spite of
>the Bible. As the earth is his original larder, so too it is his original
>tool house." (ibid.)

Full titles:

Capital: A *critique* of political economy.
Grundrisse: Foundations of the *critique* of political economy (rough draft)

On p. 472 of my copy of Grundrisse, I find the words:

"Different communities find different means of subsistence *in* their
natural environment."

Where else would they find them? Where else would they be?

> workshop, larder, toolhouse, arsenal = the idea is clear.

If you ever lose your shovel, try looking in your pantry, or maybe in your
gun cabinet.

regards,
Phil.
PS Careful of bears when walking in the woods.