Re: Subjective/objective/action as a primary destinction

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 18:01:53 PDT

In a message dated 4/22/2001 2:55:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
illonph@pacbell.net writes:

> . Well all of this is kind of confused right now, but that's good, it
> means somethings happening in general, and I'm looking forward to the
> interplay of working with this group using an activity systems approach to
> orient the practice. Hopefully everyone involved will come through with a
> new self-concept, that is new subjects and objects, and hopefully an
> expanded one in which the relative positions of subject and object are
> rearranged if not totally sublated in a new synthesis.

Usually when I am most confused is right before there is much productivity
from my clients. Possibly this has to do with trying so hard to understand
their current state of being and questioning the purpose for my present level
of expectations on their abilities. This has everything to do with ZPD and
that transient process of evolving development. As a person who was trained
in the behaviorist mold I would very much like to measure this aspect of
development. It is why people have insisted on qualitative measures I am
sure. The work you are doing sounds fascinating and is similar to an
activity I was involved in 5 or 6 years ago. I was not the one doing the
video production but was an aid in the process. I appreciate your viewpoint
and am happy to know there are others who understand my frustration with
academia as commodity. Capitalism is not a bad system but it sure seems to
bungle up many a good intention, eh?

Hoping to golf soon,
Eric