subject lines

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 08:49:53 PDT

Gary-- I appreciate that changing subject lines requires extra effort in
most cases. I use mailx which is very primitive and am slowly trying to
migrate to more sophisticated sytstem without using a portable computer.
So I recognize the problem.

The solution in difficult cases is to have an xmca alias in the mail
account and to send a new message with a new header with re:xxxxxxxx
format.

some slippage/leakage is inevitable, but the earlier plea from someone who
moves in and out of the system and wants to make good use of the webpage
archive is fully justified in the service of conversation building I think
and therefore worth the effort.
mike