Re: Phil's suggestions

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 20:11:19 PDT

In a message dated 4/20/2001 10:05:53 AM Central Daylight Time,
dhodges@ceo.cudenver.edu writes:

> i wholly agree Eva, - and there is, too often, a leap to dismiss
> possibilities with a challenge to the 'subjective' - the assumption that
> the 'objective' is somehow superior to human suffering, and inequalities,

Diane,

My purpose is not to discount a subjective point of view. My purpose is to
educate people about what I have termed Vygotsky's Crisis in Psychology. He
insisted that practitioners of theoretical constructs were faced with an
inability to apply these theories to the realities of people's psychological
constructs. For example, if you live in an area where fast car drivers are a
problem, would you be able stop the problem simply by believing the problem
needed to be solved? My assumption would be that you would need to take
action. When taking action would the result be exactly what you intended
when you set out to stop people from speeding through your neighborhood?

Still experiencing flooding,
Eric