the system

From: Mike Cole (mcole@weber.ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 20:13:47 PDT

Eric-- In a meeting bringing together various folks from various parts of
UCSD which are charged with providing broadened access with people from
community colleges, I said that if one wanted to create a system that
prevented transfer from community colleges to our university, the very
expensive system which has been set up, and which pays their salaries,
would be a prime candidate for insuring that broadened access never
happened.

Therefore, I can fully agree with the following:
 However, as one who works
with clients at point of entry into the various systems that are supposed to
help them get service I have seen first hand that these various systems are
not set up to supply the help they are supposed to they are set up to protect
the system.

Glad that in their time my writing proved interesting.
mike