Agenda for Cultural-Historical Research SIG Business Meeting, April 12, 2001, Seattle, WA

From: Eugene Matusov (ematusov@udel.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 07 2001 - 11:26:05 PDT

Hi folks--

Here is our proposed agenda for Cultural-Historical Research SIG Business
Meeting, April 12, 2001, Seattle, WA (see below). We think that a reasonable
goal is to hold the business portion of the
meeting to no more than half an hour, giving the symposium 2 to 2.5 hours.

Please, let us know if you have questions, suggestions, comments, regarding
the agenda.

Hope to see many of you in Seattle,

King Beach (SIG president)
Eugene Matusov (SIG Program Officer)

--------------

Agenda for Cultural-Historical Research SIG Business Meeting, April 12,
2001, Seattle, WA

1. Brief explanation of new SIG membership procedures via AERA (a new SIG
member has to register with AERA and pay money there but it can be
beneficial for us if the new member register with the SIG via our SIG web)

2. Creation of organizational continuity within the SIG

        • Creation of a web-based document on SIG procedures, rituals, and
decisions that can be easily updated so members know the procedures and new
elected SIG government knows traditions and know-how.

        • Open nominations for SIG vice-president (president-elect), program
chair-elect, and secretary/treasurer-elect (to be concluded via
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu and ch-sig@yahoogroups.com listserves).

3. Initial discussion of future topics for SIG business meetings (to be
concluded via xmca@weber.ucsd.edu and ch-sig@yahoogroups.com listservs)

4. Invited Symposium: Cross-cultural applications of Vygotskian theory and
practice: Vygotsky's work in relationship to the theory and practice of the
Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education in Reggio Emilia, Italy,
and in Reggio-inspired US adaptations.

Note our SIG website: http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/CH-SIG; our email
listservs are: xmca@weber.ucsd.edu and ch-sig@yahoogroups.com