RE: Chapter 1 and New Introduction

From: Ana Marjanovic Shane (shane@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 04 2001 - 08:46:20 PDT

I agree with you too. It is not so much problematic (anymore) as long as we
are aware of the dynamic changes of the objects during the unfolding of an
activity; accompanied by the multi-layeredness of its meaning for different
or even the same participants.
I like here the "ascending to the concrete" methodology Yrjo suggested.
This is very esoteric when discussed without concrete examples.

I have to think a bit more about your remark that LBE does not work in less
structured settings which have little or no apparently structured scripts.
I think that in any setting there is a degree of unstructuredness and that
learning by expanding is taking advantage of this portion of the unscripted
and free aspects of the situation to start re-making the rules, the tools
and the "roles" (the division of labor).

Ana