Dot, Don, XMCA List

From: Bill Barowy (wbarowy@lesley.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 11:43:30 PDT

A quick message to address several other postings lately

first, Dot, I really am interesting in your take on what were Vygotsky's warnings about theory integration. the work that I am doing must draw upon several theories to provide insight into the complex data, and so at the *very least* I am forced to coordinate several theories if not integrate them -- and it would be good to understand better the differences, and the pitfalls.

Don, I'd like to follow up more with the discussion of YE's book, but we have a deadline fast approaching for an Lesley internal document here that will promote systemic planning -- a boundary object of sorts and this joint work is intensive research/writing and must be worked around aera to promote discussion before the end of hte semester. which is another problem -- if we could postpone chap 2until after aera I'd have a bit more time, and could be more active. I draw heavily upon LBE, and have been working to understand it since Eva got me a copy.

 btw, if this post goes through it is a counter example to the latest xcma list which does not include my name.

bb

--
Bill Barowy, Associate Professor
Lesley University