Re: Chapter 1 and New Introduction

From: MnFamilyMan@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 02 2001 - 15:40:54 PDT

In a message dated 4/1/2001 3:55:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
krocap@csulb.edu writes:

> I take this to mean that YE finds the collective unconscious to be too
> "mystical" a notion, not rooted enough in both internal/external and
> mental/material interactions, nor susceptible enough to scientific
> explication. At the same time, it is as if YE sees the idea of a
> collective unconscious as at least a fertile imagining that opens the
> field of "expansion" for consideration, if not actually explicating it
> in the process, almost as though Jung was a science fiction writer whose
> collective unconscious fantasy pre-sages what later science can affirm
> and explicate more precisely.

Spirituality is found in all cultures. That humans are naturally drawn to
the mystical experience which occurs when minds connect as a "shared
experience" is well documented in all people's history. Knowing oneself and
then through these "shared experiences" discovering that others have followed
a similar path is truly mystical. The mystical aspect lies within an
infinite set of possibilities being present each moment of every day. Within
the time it takes whoever is reading this any number of things could happen
and possibly have. Telephones ring, spouses complain, dogs bark, lights
flicker, coffee spills, printers don't work, or the printer that hasn't
worked since February all of a sudden prints out last months paper. All of
it is possible each and every moment of every day. That is the mystical part
of our existence and when one finds another that can understand because they
too have had similar (not exact, we're just happy with similar) experiences
we lasso the moon and claim our lives are now complete. Yro, I know I have
gone off a complete rambling tangent but part of me is convinced that this
idea of infinite possibilities is related to your idea of expanded learning.
Help me out on this one please.

Eric