Re: lack of volunteers noted

From: Paul H.Dillon (illonph@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 20:39:40 PST

hi mike,

I will be willing to volunteer for moderating/summarizing for a week (or two
if needed). I won't be able to do this during the first two weeks of april,
the first week of may, or the first week of june. (Mega, AERA, R&P,
AIR=busy, busy, busy, sort of) As I look through the table of contents and
think back on my previous reading of the work, I think Ch2 material or the
second half of chapter 4 would be best for me. But I'm willing to fill in
anywhere you need someone depending on who else volunteers. I too am
surprised by your message that noone is volunteering, from the comments i've
read, it seems a lot of people want to do this. Probably people just feel
intimidated about some "responsibility".

Let me know.

Paul H. Dillon

 "It seems ridiculous to me to attempt to study society as a mere observer.
He who wishes only to observe will observe nothing, for as he is useless in
actual work and a nuisance in recreations, he is admitted to neither. We
observe the actions of others only to the extent to which we ourselves
act." - Jean Jacque Rousseau