Re(2): different flavors of chat

From: Vadeboncoeur (vadebonc@mailbox.uq.edu.au)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 22:31:28 PST

Hi Diane -

I am just picking up on one line of your thinking, at least I think I am,
and hoping you'll clarify it for me.

Are you saying that cultural-historical theory should always be "read" or
"interpreted" from a critical theoretical perspective? I like this idea
given the work that's been done by neo-Marxist scholars.

If this is your point, it means that for us as cultural-historical folk, we
must contend with issues of power and privilege in the setting where we
work - to disregard these issues, would be to disregard a facet of
cultural-historical theory.

Okay, this sounds a bit essentialistic - so let me say I'm not trying to
claim a single interpretation for cultural-historical theory ... at least I
don't think so ...

What do you think? Cheers - Jennifer